Our experienced team of support centre managers and trained counsellors and therapists has put together a list of twenty thoughtful gift ideas that someone living with cancer might like to receive – both at Christmas and throughout the year.
The gifts include ideas for self-care and wellbeing, as well as practical things to keep them occupied during chemotherapy sessions and challenging times. You might find some of these items in one of our charity shops.
– Gift your time – walk the dog, take care of children and prepare meals
– Soft woollen blanket
– Cosy socks
– Soft gloves and hand warmers
– Cashmere beanie hat
– Silk eye mask
– Comfy PJs or loungewear
– Natural skincare products and lip balms
– Foot roller or mini massagers
– Lavender aromatherapy oil and pillow sprays
– Boiled sweets, which can be beneficial for anyone with a dry mouth or reduced taste
– A blender, to easily make healthy smoothies or shakes
– Hot or cold water bottle
– Heart-shaped pillow – designed to fit comfortably under the arm after breast cancer surgery and to remind your loved one they’re always in your heart
– A port pillow, which takes the pressure of a seatbelt off your chemotherapy port
– Puzzle and colouring books – handbag or pocket-sized for chemotherapy sessions or for loved ones waiting outside in the car
– Wessex Cancer Support’s ‘This Is Me,’ a self-care journal for women – find it here
– Audiobook subscription
– Subscription to their favourite magazine
– A diary or planner to record appointments and treatments
All the gifts are readily available from online shopping sites and supermarkets.