Volunteer Database Assistant
About the opportunity
Wessex Cancer Trust are looking for a Volunteer Database Assistant to help with data input and maintenance, ahead of our 40th Birthday in 2021. You’ll have the opportunity to use and grow your skills, whilst having a positive impact on our work.
We’re looking for a volunteer to help us over the next few months up to 5 hours a week.
You can help us with this role from your home, or join us at our Head Office in Chandler’s Ford (From September 2020)
What does it involve?
You will be helping to improve our database, Salesforce, by ensuring our data is clean, accurate and up to date. This will involve but not be limited to; correcting inaccurate data records, removing duplicate records, adding new and updating organisational groups, correcting formatting errors and ultimately improving the quality of our data records.
- Manually editing data sets to clean data including incorrect capitalisation, address formatting and the like
- Editing data sets to ensure they are grouped according to organisation
- Research via the web to check organisation and group contact information is correct
- Importing new or updating old contacts
- Finding and editing duplicates on the database
- Championing Wessex Cancer Trust in your community
What can I expect from the role?
- We will provide training and materials such as template spreadsheets
- You’ll gain experience in database use, data upkeep and have the opportunity to learn more about our charity
- You’ll be part of our valued community team helping to make a difference to people and families affected by cancer
Skills and Experience
- Great attention to detail
- Basic IT skills and comfortable being trained on Database use
- Happy to carry out repetitive work such as data entry
- Confident with the use of Excel Spreadsheets
- Happy to work independently
- Have empathy for patients and families affected by cancer
For more information
Please contact Lauren, our Fundraising & Events Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 023 8067 2200